Somali Forumz

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home Of Intellectuals, Where Debating Is Never-Ending Subject.

Latest topics

» whats wrong with Somali men !!!
Feminism and Islam Icon_minitime1Sat May 24, 2014 11:54 am by Tayyibmusawwir

» I need some serious help
Feminism and Islam Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:54 pm by LyingMali

» Looooooooool
Feminism and Islam Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:50 pm by ManLikeByter

» nieuwe Islam site Diin al Xaqq
Feminism and Islam Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:05 am by moi

» Elections in non-Muslim Nations?
Feminism and Islam Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:52 am by moi

» Halal Pork????
Feminism and Islam Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:06 am by Ganja_Freak

» I Need Your Help
Feminism and Islam Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:47 pm by Amina/Tammy

» Neda if Iran - we will never forget you
Feminism and Islam Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:37 pm by aishah

» My Goodbyes ...Sincerely, Sarai.
Feminism and Islam Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:14 pm by Sarai

+4
Nabil
Sarai
BintCismaan
Somalienne nationalista
8 posters

Feminism and Islam

Somalienne nationalista
    Somalienne nationalista
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Feminism and Islam Empty Feminism and Islam

Post  Somalienne nationalista Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:04 am

SWA,

Feminism and women’s rights in Islam a topic usually misconstrued, at times they are muddled. Can you be a hardcore feminist without disobeying your Islamic principles?
    BintCismaan
    BintCismaan

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Feminism and Islam Empty Re: Feminism and Islam

Post  BintCismaan Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:40 pm

Personally, I dont think the ideals of feminism are compatible with Islam. I am all for the empowerment of women, but this doesn't have to done through feminist ideology. Islam already allots rights and freedoms to women; infact our religion values the woman so much that Allah dedicated entire surahs for them (ex.Nisaa, Maryam)

Back in high school, I automatically labelled myself as a feminist because I believed that women are as capable of men to get just about anything done. As the years went by, I learned that feminists promote things like homosexuality, something not permissible in Islam. For some reason, I decided to detach that label and discovered that Islam devotes so much to the woman... she is her own person with her own seperate identity. Feminism on the other hand doesn't believe in that, they believe that women should not be regarded as seperate from men... this is clearly in confrontation with the tenants of Islam. I am not too educated on this matter, but personally I do feel that Islam and western feminism are not compatible with one another... As a woman, I am pretty much satisfied with the rights and freedoms Allah the Almighty has blessed me with... Alhamdulilaah
    Sarai
    Sarai
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 65
    Job/hobbies : Photography
    Major : Computer Engineering
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Post  Sarai Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:07 am

True, Islam offers women various privileges but–some (men) have bended those rights, in the direction of being superior over women –which would boil the temperature of an average woman, and she would now call herself a feminist. If men would have acknowledged, and pursued faithfully what is scripted in the Quran and the Hadiths, I highly believe that feminism wouldn’t have existed.

Both genders have different roles in life. There some things that man can do, that woman is incapable of accomplishing, and vice versa, and this would evenly balance both genders.

With that said, life has changed; time has passed –which means that genders aren’t the same, as to those of the Prophets’ (Pbuh) time. I believe that woman, should provide to her family at whatever reason necessary –inside or outside. I see myself as a feminist, but only to an extend! lol
    Nabil
    Nabil

Male
    Number of posts : 17
    Job/hobbies : Serving panic & disorder
    Major : Loser
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post  Nabil Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:18 pm

Islam is against Feminism and Women Power ( cause women can misuse that power in torturing us (Miskin ) Men ( women can be so evil sometimes )

الرِّجَالُ قَوَّامُونَ عَلَى النِّسَاءِ بِمَا فَضَّلَ اللَّهُ بَعْضَهُمْ عَلَى بَعْضٍ وَبِمَا أَنْفَقُوا مِنْ أَمْوَالِهِمْ فَالصَّالِحَاتُ قَانِتَاتٌ حَافِظَاتٌ لِلْغَيْبِ بِمَا حَفِظَ اللَّهُ وَاللَّاتِي تَخَافُونَ نُشُوزَهُنَّ فَعِظُوهُنَّ وَاهْجُرُوهُنَّ فِي الْمَضَاجِعِ وَاضْرِبُوهُنَّ فَإِنْ أَطَعْنَكُمْ فَلَا تَبْغُوا عَلَيْهِنَّ سَبِيلًا إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيًّا كَبِيرًا

034 Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because God has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what God would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance): For God is Most High, Great (above you all). ( Al Nisa )

------------

Personal opinion

I personally think feminists are hopeless insecure lunatics .. they just couldnt maintaine the flirtation game on men terms .

Now .. Whos ya Daddy ?
    KingNour

Male
    Number of posts : 22
    Job/hobbies : : international economic development
    Major : S O M A L I A S O M A L I A S O M A L I A S O M A L I A
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post  KingNour Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:17 pm

There is not nothing wrong about woman power. First, Islam is the only dean that granted woman rights since the 7th century and Woman and mens have the same rights in islam. That is beauty about Islam. Some society gave bad imgaes to Islam which some of them in Arab world practicing pre islamic custom such honoring killing. That's is ignorance and islam baned those and those people are commuting the worst sins. I think the Islamic Imams need to talk about this more and they to speak about it more. So, their is purpose about about this aya and if you read previous aya will tell you why. Womans today in Somali will be the ones that will fix our problems.
    naz
    naz

Male
    Number of posts : 5
    Job/hobbies : owner
    Major : IT
    Registration date : 2009-01-02

Post  naz Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:19 pm

if all muslim women had true understanding of islam, there would be no need for feminism..

the truth is allah (who by the way is the creater of women) and as such would know them better then anyone including themselves, has given them all the dignity and the rights that is befitting of them.
    Dudette
    Dudette
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Female
    Number of posts : 91
    Job/hobbies : Hiking
    Major : Dubai
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Post  Dudette Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:44 pm

naz wrote:if all muslim women had true understanding of islam, there would be no need for feminism..

True,
    and if all muslim men had true understanding of Islam, there would be no need for feminism, matter of fact feminism wouldn't have existed. Our POINT! Rolling Eyes
    IssE
    IssE

Male
    Number of posts : 33
    Job/hobbies : Promoting Peace
    Major : Psyco/Compsi
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post  IssE Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:04 pm

Sarai wrote:True, Islam offers women various privileges but–some (men) have bended those rights, in the direction of being superior over women –which would boil the temperature of an average woman, and she would now call herself a feminist. If men would have acknowledged, and pursued faithfully what is scripted in the Quran and the Hadiths, I highly believe that feminism wouldn’t have existed.

+1

Essentially it. Islam isn't practiced as it should, women are not treated as they should. You can't subject humans and expect nothing. Feminism was born.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:20 am