Somali Forumz

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home Of Intellectuals, Where Debating Is Never-Ending Subject.

Latest topics

» whats wrong with Somali men !!!
Youth escape street violence to fight at a war torn nation. Icon_minitime1Sat May 24, 2014 11:54 am by Tayyibmusawwir

» I need some serious help
Youth escape street violence to fight at a war torn nation. Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:54 pm by LyingMali

» Looooooooool
Youth escape street violence to fight at a war torn nation. Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:50 pm by ManLikeByter

» nieuwe Islam site Diin al Xaqq
Youth escape street violence to fight at a war torn nation. Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:05 am by moi

» Elections in non-Muslim Nations?
Youth escape street violence to fight at a war torn nation. Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:52 am by moi

» Halal Pork????
Youth escape street violence to fight at a war torn nation. Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:06 am by Ganja_Freak

» I Need Your Help
Youth escape street violence to fight at a war torn nation. Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:47 pm by Amina/Tammy

» Neda if Iran - we will never forget you
Youth escape street violence to fight at a war torn nation. Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:37 pm by aishah

» My Goodbyes ...Sincerely, Sarai.
Youth escape street violence to fight at a war torn nation. Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:14 pm by Sarai

5 posters

Youth escape street violence to fight at a war torn nation.

abdirizak_dubo

Male
    Number of posts : 3
    Job/hobbies : Student at augsburg
    Major : Somalia
    Registration date : 2008-11-27

Youth escape street violence to fight at a war torn nation. Empty Youth escape street violence to fight at a war torn nation.

Post  abdirizak_dubo Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:48 pm

I am sure that most of u have heard about the recent trend of sending young men back to Somalia so that they can fight the war. What caught me by surprise is that the Abubakar Sadiiq masjid is involved with this act. The trip is being funded by someone that is affiliated with the masjid, but no one knows clearly who. I have an issue with this, because young men that could one day lead our nation are dropping their education and going back to fight. These men could have been the future engineers, doctors, and politicians of Somalia, Instead they dropped their world class education and went back to the violence that their families fled in the first place. My opinion of this is that the people involved with sending these young men back are the one's that should be blamed. I say this because they are the one's that inspired the young men to drop everything and go back to fight.

Please feel free to express your opinion about this matter.
    Dudette
    Dudette
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Female
    Number of posts : 91
    Job/hobbies : Hiking
    Major : Dubai
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Youth escape street violence to fight at a war torn nation. Empty Good topic

Post  Dudette Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:12 am

This whole scenario just angers me, and I get into a perturbed state. It’s disgusting how these so called Islamic extremist are funding “our future youth” back to the exact place where we fled to seek freedom and education from. I mean, our elders risked everything that they had to get us where we are, and yet there is no gratitude. How can Islam play a role, when you’re dealing with your own kind? Alshabab, al fudad, al qarabad, whatever the fock they’re called, need to be stopped before they give Islam a bad name.
    KingNour

Male
    Number of posts : 22
    Job/hobbies : : international economic development
    Major : S O M A L I A S O M A L I A S O M A L I A S O M A L I A
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Youth escape street violence to fight at a war torn nation. Empty Think

Post  KingNour Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:09 pm

Well is sad stroy is shocking to me and others as well. First, I believe those people claiming to be sheikhs need to be fully trained in Islamic Laws. Most of them don't speak Arabic and I have don't have any idea how to prach. Furthermore, Alshabab has false ideology and they need to be corrected. Their Aim is kick the Ethiopians out from Somali and we need to blame the TFG president for this which he is the responsible of bring the Ethiopians. Therefore, the best solutions is not pointing fingers on anyone. WE need to correct the Somali community here in MN which sometimes they are out of touch and there is in need how to correct leadership. Also.. We should work on how to fix our problems within our circle with some actions. Please retain from using the world Islamic extremist becasue is not great to use the world Islam to talk about some who have extremist view. Is better if you use extremist. The term Islamic extremist made by the western world and Muslims should not use it to describe some extremist.
    Tuke-Waloo
    Tuke-Waloo
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 74
    Job/hobbies : soccer moms
    Major : Somalian
    Registration date : 2008-12-06

Youth escape street violence to fight at a war torn nation. Empty Re: Youth escape street violence to fight at a war torn nation.

Post  Tuke-Waloo Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:46 pm

I beg to differ, only ignorant, uninformed scums like that jamal dude would blame the Masjid for the action of those grow ass man aka "boys", Dont subscribe to this bullshid called "brainwashing" cus I dont believe a person with common sense can be convinced to do something otherwise he wouldnt do. Maybe those "boys" felt that it was their duty to protect their people back home, the womens that are raped, the dirty xabashi soldeirs that roam our streets and kill our people on daily basis. How can u blame them for doing something all of us should be doing which is protecting our people, our women, our children etc. I get angry when I see fools like that self-appointed somali advocate running around pointing fingers on shid he has no substantial evidence to back up his wild accusations.

I have been going to dugsi, mosque my whole life and I never heard anyone talking about politics or recruiting for wars etc...the most the shiek said was probably be "ohh allah, make this dark world better for our children" etc..

I would suggest to u guys to be rational on these things, we have a trigger happy media obsessed with ISLAM and wants to paint it and create an image for it, they would quote non-stop anyone that would support them on their mission like that justice advocate guy, his merely a tool in their unholy alliance of assigned task. careful guys.
    Somalienne nationalista
    Somalienne nationalista
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Youth escape street violence to fight at a war torn nation. Empty Somalis have link to Al Qaeda, ARE YOU KIDDIN?

Post  Somalienne nationalista Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:38 pm

Personally I am sick to death reading/watching the local news daily just to hear another ignominious story damaging our (community) reputation. Now the issue has elevated to a point were professed/self declared community leaders are informing the secret service of fabricated statements blaming the Masaajids (baytul Allah)
    of brainwashing these young college students to return back home in order to fight against the Ethiopian occupation. These young-men deliberately without any force went back home for whatever reason and intention they had in my mind. The self-declared leaders akin to OJ are saying that "We have active Al Qaeda cells recruiting these people" Our people are already destroyed by adversity and qabyalaat, we can't handle an awful stigma "terrorist" following us everywhere. Now we have 3 bad apples in this town destroying and breaking our already broken community into pieces. Some of you who are from Minnesota know exactly these bad apples, only Allah knows their intentions, but we as informed citizens with complete confidence are certain that they are harming more then they are fixing. I don't know what kind of benefits they are gaining from these monkey businesses. For instance, this Saturday 12/08/08 those very men invited secretively CNN and other newscasts for a briefing on the issue and intentionally did not enlighten the Somali media of such press release. An insider tipped off the the Somali-media and they rushed there and were told they are going to hold a separate press conference with them. hmmm. WHY? well, non-Somali media are far removed from the factual reality of whats been happening in the community and only know of rumors and falsified stories. If the Somali-media are in the same conference with CNN, these bad apples will face harsh questioning and possibly be accused of inaccurate and sugar-coated statements.

Since we are the leaders of tomorrow we need to take corrective actions and strip them off their self-professed titles. These men DO NOT represent the Somali community. These men ARE NOT the voice of our community. They are working against everything we stand for. We are a hard working community, trying to make ends meet. We came here seeking refuge from flying bullets, inhuman killings, and qabiil divergence. Lets put stop to this.

Wa salaam

Feds investigating Twin Cities terrorist network

FEDS: Twin Cities man behind Somalia bombing, investigating network

Forty young Somali men from the Twin Cities are missing and federal investigators believe they may be back in Somalia training as terrorists.

"We have active Al Qaeda cells recruiting these people," said Omar Jamal with the Somali Justice Advocacy Center.

Federal law enforcement sources told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS they believe Shirwa Ahmed, from Minneapolis, was a suicide bomber who blew himself up during an attack in northern Somali last month. They also believe he was a recruiter in the Twin Cities for a terrorist network.

5 EYEWITNESS NEWS talked to Ahmed's family. They said they have not heard from him in weeks.

"The bottom line is there are people who are recruiting here, kids who are being brainwashed to go back there and blow themselves up. That is the bottom line to this story," explained Jamal.

CIA Director Michael Hayden acknowledges a growing tie between Al Qaeda and Somali terrorist groups. Federal investigators believe these missing men are training for terrorist attacks overseas, but can't be sure they won't return the Twin Cities someday to carry out an attack.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s679271.shtml?cat=1
    KingNour

Male
    Number of posts : 22
    Job/hobbies : : international economic development
    Major : S O M A L I A S O M A L I A S O M A L I A S O M A L I A
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Youth escape street violence to fight at a war torn nation. Empty Re: Youth escape street violence to fight at a war torn nation.

Post  KingNour Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 pm

I don't know why the somalians here in MPLS, let omer Jamel to speak for them. Something that Somalis need to solve it. There are well educated somalias intellect who teach here need to be choosing to represent Somali Community in MPLS. Since we let a men with no background education, we made ourselves look stupid.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content