Somali Forumz

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home Of Intellectuals, Where Debating Is Never-Ending Subject.

Latest topics

» whats wrong with Somali men !!!
Morgan Freeman Refuses Black History Month Icon_minitime1Sat May 24, 2014 11:54 am by Tayyibmusawwir

» I need some serious help
Morgan Freeman Refuses Black History Month Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:54 pm by LyingMali

» Looooooooool
Morgan Freeman Refuses Black History Month Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:50 pm by ManLikeByter

» nieuwe Islam site Diin al Xaqq
Morgan Freeman Refuses Black History Month Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:05 am by moi

» Elections in non-Muslim Nations?
Morgan Freeman Refuses Black History Month Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:52 am by moi

» Halal Pork????
Morgan Freeman Refuses Black History Month Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:06 am by Ganja_Freak

» I Need Your Help
Morgan Freeman Refuses Black History Month Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:47 pm by Amina/Tammy

» Neda if Iran - we will never forget you
Morgan Freeman Refuses Black History Month Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:37 pm by aishah

» My Goodbyes ...Sincerely, Sarai.
Morgan Freeman Refuses Black History Month Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:14 pm by Sarai

5 posters

Morgan Freeman Refuses Black History Month

Dudette
    Dudette
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Female
    Number of posts : 91
    Job/hobbies : Hiking
    Major : Dubai
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Morgan Freeman Refuses Black History Month Empty Morgan Freeman Refuses Black History Month

Post  Dudette Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:15 am

I honestly think his intentions are pure and wise...totally agree with him.

Tuke-Waloo
    Tuke-Waloo
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 74
    Job/hobbies : soccer moms
    Major : Somalian
    Registration date : 2008-12-06

Morgan Freeman Refuses Black History Month Empty Re: Morgan Freeman Refuses Black History Month

Post  Tuke-Waloo Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:20 pm

waa doqon, bil baa lasiyey markaas buu cirka isgaliyey.

nacas weeye
    BintCismaan
    BintCismaan

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Morgan Freeman Refuses Black History Month Empty Re: Morgan Freeman Refuses Black History Month

Post  BintCismaan Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:42 pm

war adaa nacas ah, the man's points are legitimate and I too agree with him. Black history month just talks about the same few individuals everytime, it doesn't even focus on people who shed blood and sweat during the civil rights movement or professionals who were instrumental in the plight of black people. This month is bogus, we should be learning our history throughout the year and not just limiting it to the shortest month. There's so much more to black history than MLK or Rosa Parks, who were ofcourse phenomenal people but we should do further research and learn about some new individuals for a change.
    IssE
    IssE

Male
    Number of posts : 33
    Job/hobbies : Promoting Peace
    Major : Psyco/Compsi
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post  IssE Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:15 pm

BintCismaan wrote:war adaa nacas ah, the man's points are legitimate and I too agree with him. Black history month just talks about the same few individuals everytime, it doesn't even focus on people who shed blood and sweat during the civil rights movement or professionals who were instrumental in the plight of black people. This month is bogus, we should be learning our history throughout the year and not just limiting it to the shortest month. There's so much more to black history than MLK or Rosa Parks, who were ofcourse phenomenal people but we should do further research and learn about some new individuals for a change.

our histroy?

Lmao..
    Tuke-Waloo
    Tuke-Waloo
    Admin

Male

Post  Tuke-Waloo Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:22 pm

binticismaan, doqon baa tahey
    BintCismaan
    BintCismaan

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Post  BintCismaan Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:09 am

First of all, Tuke I am not going to waste any more of my time with you

Isse, I may have been wrong in saying 'our history'... that's debatable. But I still stand by everything else I said
    Dudette
    Dudette
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Female
    Number of posts : 91
    Job/hobbies : Hiking
    Major : Dubai
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Post  Dudette Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:11 am

First of all, thank you for agreeing with me Bint --secondly, you shouldn’t have wasted your valuable time on this midget. He clearly doesn’t know what on earth he’s typing, waa nacas afka furtey, for the sake of letting out wasaq. I consider this to be MY history too, anything that’s in relations to Africa, I’m definitely taking part of…
    Tuke-Waloo
    Tuke-Waloo
    Admin

Male

Post  Tuke-Waloo Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:44 pm

Binti Nacas, I was only helping u.

dudette, hanoo sheegin
    Somalienne nationalista
    Somalienne nationalista
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Post  Somalienne nationalista Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:24 pm

In my most sensible mind Black History Month should not be limited to a single month. It should be celebrated everyday of the year. I will make the same argument with Valentines day. Why should you appreciate the love of somebody once a year?

We should not confirm to what white people call us. We are Africans not Blacks. therefore, I believe if they are going to continue to celebrate it they should consider to change the term Black to African-American.

I am puzzled to why we always limit ourselves to what the white race tell us to do.
    Tuke-Waloo
    Tuke-Waloo
    Admin

Male

Post  Tuke-Waloo Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:27 am

I also believe we should also have white history season, not month beacause of their contribution to this world. we have to give credit to them for this laptop I am using, the blender I just fixed a smoothie with, the TV, and the smokes, condoms etc...

without the pink skin pple, my life would be shid.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content