The Home Of Intellectuals, Where Debating Is Never-Ending Subject.

Latest topics

» whats wrong with Somali men !!!
Sat May 24, 2014 11:54 am by Tayyibmusawwir

» I need some serious help
Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:54 pm by LyingMali

» Looooooooool
Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:50 pm by ManLikeByter

» nieuwe Islam site Diin al Xaqq
Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:05 am by moi

» Elections in non-Muslim Nations?
Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:52 am by moi

» Halal Pork????
Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:06 am by Ganja_Freak

» I Need Your Help
Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:47 pm by Amina/Tammy

» Neda if Iran - we will never forget you
Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:37 pm by aishah

» My Goodbyes ...Sincerely, Sarai.
Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:14 pm by Sarai

Our self professed leaders on CNN (A MUST READ)

Somalienne nationalista
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Our self professed leaders on CNN (A MUST READ)

Post  Somalienne nationalista on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:42 pm

Oki this ishy is turning into qabiil bullshit. Why every time we can't resolve an issue in our community, we rule out the consequences to be ensued from tribal interest? We need to grow up of these thoughtless immature blame game. I, for one, do not believe Omar Jamal speaks for us but I wouldn't go around heedlessly spreading rumors around saying "he is doing it to keep the TFG in place and disband the Al Shabab"

Omar Jamal: Advocate or Alarmist?
    Some point finger at Jamal over reports on missing Somali men
    Last Edited: Tuesday, 09 Dec 2008, 12:19 PM CST
    Created: Monday, 08 Dec 2008, 9:29 PM CST
    Omar Jamal
    The Missing

Related Items
    Links
    Write your opinion at Tom Lyden's blog
    Stories
    Families Confirm 3 Somali Teens Left Mpls, Likely to Fight War
    Somali Community Leader to Speak Out on Muslim Holiday
    One of Five Suspected Somali Suicide Bomber Laid to Rest
    FBI Investigate 'The Missing' as Possible Somali Suicide Bombers
    The Missing: Somali Men Off Twin Cities Streets, Back in Somalia
    The 10 Worst Currencies in the World
    Videos
    by Tom Lyden

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) -- For weeks, many in the Somali community refused to believe there were missing young men who had returned to Somalia to fight a war, and they just couldn’t accept the idea of a local suicide bomber.

Now, the community is no longer denying it, they’re simply blaming the messenger. That messenger is Omar Jamal, who for years has been the media’s go-to talking head for all things Somali.

Tom Lyden’s Blog: What we know, what we don’t know
    Video: Shooting the Messenger

Jamal was also the only one willing to talk about the dozen missing Somali men and Shirwa Ahmed, 27, of Minneapolis, who was buried last week after becoming a suspecting suicide bomber in Somalia.

Jamal has also questioned the role played by local religious leaders. For that, some say there may be hell to pay.

Rumors have circulated the Abubakar Islamic Center in south Minneapolis was somehow recruiting young men to return to Somalia and fight in a holy war. As Jamal spoke to the media, leaders of the Abubakar As-Saddique mosque remained silent, mounting suspicion.

Monday, the mosque held a massive prayer service on Eid al-Adha, and used it as a forum to denounce allegations they have any role in a local terror network.

“The media is the problem,” mosque attorney Mahir Sherif said. “Our mosque should not be talked about bad things. Suicide and other acts of terrorism are forbidden in the Islamic faith.”

"He don't represent our community,” Mohammed Kali, attending the Eid service, said. “Omar Jamal call him Somali advocate. He doesn't represent us.”

There’s history here. Omar Jamal belongs to a tribe associated with the secular government in Somalia, which is on the verge of total collapse. Islamists are set to take over the country and impose Islamic law.

Jamal says the same exists here in Minnesota.

“They think they are the religious sect of the community, and they think it's a threat to the mosque, which is bull----, really bull----,” Jamal said.

It comes down to who speaks for the 60,000 Somalis who call the Twin Cities home -- a community of seven tribes and more than a dozen clans. Is it a religious leader, someone like Jamal, or both? It’s a question not unlike the one that plagues their homeland.

While the Abubakar As-Saddique mosque denied any involvement or connection with the missing Somali men on Monday, an FBI investigation is ongoing and expanding. The investigation now includes missing Somali men from across the U.S. and Canada who are all suspected of returning to Somalia to fight in the jihad.[img][/img]

Last edited by Somalienne nationalista on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Somalienne nationalista
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

OMAR JAMAL AND BIIXI

Post  Somalienne nationalista on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:37 pm

Omar Jamal said on an interview with CNN " I don't see anything to prevent from those kids to carry out suicide bombing right here."

From Chris Welch and Kelli Arena
    CNN
    Decrease font Decrease font
    Enlarge font Enlarge font

MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota (CNN) -- Last month, 17-year-old Burhan Hassan told his family he was catching a ride to school with a friend. He then vanished.
    Islamic fighters drill in Somalia last month. The FBI says men are traveling from the U.S., potentially to fight.

Islamic fighters drill in Somalia last month. The FBI says men are traveling from the U.S., potentially to fight.
    Click to view previous image
    1 of 2
    Click to view next image

His mother spoke to her son just a few days ago over the phone. To her shock, she says, he told her he was no longer in the United States.

"Mom, I'm in Somalia! Don't worry about me; I'm OK," the mother quoted her son as saying.

Details of how he got there and what has transpired in his life since his November disappearance are sketchy. His mother, who agreed to be identified only as Amina, says her son has clearly changed.

"He was different," she said of his attitude on the phone. Video Watch a report on missing Somalis »

Hassan is one of more than a dozen young men of Somali descent -- many U.S. citizens -- to have disappeared from Minneapolis over the past six months, according to federal law enforcement authorities. Authorities say young men have also disappeared in Boston, Massachusetts; Portland, Maine; and Columbus, Ohio.

"A number of young Somali men have traveled from throughout the United States to include Minneapolis to Somalia, potentially to fight," said FBI Special Agent E.K. Wilson.

Amina speaks about her son in the past tense, almost as if he were dead. She worries about him night and day.

"Now that he's gone, I can't sleep," she said. Video Watch Amina talk about her son »

The fear among the Somali community in Minneapolis is that their young men are being preyed upon and recruited to fight jihad, or holy war, in Somalia. Some have even called to tell their parents not to look for them.

"Those I talked to were completely shocked and dismayed as to what happened. They were completely in disbelief," said Omar Jamal of the Somali Justice Advocacy Center, based in St. Paul, Minnesota.
    Don't Miss

* US may pursue pirates in Somalia, U.N. sources say
    * Rights group berates West over Somalia failure
    * 28 killed in Somalia fighting

The shock is magnified by what happened to one of them: Authorities say a 27-year-old named Shirwa Ahmed blew himself up in an apparent suicide bombing in northern Somalia in October.

Amina doesn't like to think about that and refuses to believe that her son could be learning similar tactics.

She and her son lived in an apartment along the Mississippi River in a thriving Somali neighborhood in Minneapolis. Hassan's father died years ago, and she raised him as a single parent. Hassan's other siblings have all moved out.

"I'm feeling empty tonight, like I have [nothing]," she said.

Amina says she now forgets to cook. It's gotten so bad that when she's out shopping, she'll often feel that her son is back home again. She'll quickly return, only to remember he's still away.

She struggles when she recalls how smart he is and how he was studying to become a doctor. Holding up a copy of his high school class schedule, which includes Advanced Placement courses in mathematics, chemistry and biology, she says Hassan was to graduate in May.

He wanted to attend college in Arizona, and he wanted her to move there with him.

"He was planning to be a physician assistant. He told me to move ... to Arizona because he said in Arizona, we can get [those jobs] as soon as possible after graduating," she said. "His expectations were high."

She added, "He doesn't like to fight. Sometimes, he was a comedian. He likes to laugh or to say things that make you laugh. He was a very kind person."

Amina says her son has called a few times, most recently Saturday. She says that each time, it feels as if her son is being watched or listened to by at least one or two other men, because she can hear other voices in the background.

"It's like a kidnapped person. And he has no freedom, because if he said, 'Mom, I have to leave here; I have no life,' then they would kill him."

The question that plagues Amina and just about everyone in Minneapolis' Somali community is: How could these young men who were well-educated and who stayed out of trouble in the United States wind up in war-torn Somalia, possibly as fighters?

In Hassan's case, his mother fled the nation when she was pregnant with him, and they eventually came to the United States to escape the country's violence. She says her son's demeanor changed a couple months before he disappeared. He became more withdrawn, and she doesn't know why.

Other local Somalis have voiced concern that, because a large number of the men missing attended the same Islamic center after school, it could have played a role.

Amina does not believe the center itself played a role but thinks there are certain people associated with it who may be involved.

On Monday, representatives of the mosque, Abubakar As-Saddique Islamic Center, held a news conference to address the issue. The mosque's attorney, Mahir Sherif, strongly denied any allegations that it is connected to the men's disappearance, saying the center "has not and will not recruit for any political cause."

"I haven't talked to any of them [since the stories came out]. I haven't seen any of them fighting," Sherif said. "I mean, I would be speculating. I'm hearing what everybody else hears."
    advertisement

Amina keeps hoping her son will return and that somebody in the community will come forward with more information.

"I'm asking for those who took my son or know anything about it to come forward. I'm asking you kindly to help and facilitate how to make possible to return [him]. Most sincerely."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/12/12/minneapolis.somalis/index.html#cnnSTCVideo
    BintCismaan

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Re: Our self professed leaders on CNN (A MUST READ)

Post  BintCismaan on Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:56 pm

Subhannallah... I heard rumours about such stories but never thought it was a reality.

What would happen to these brothers if they were to return to the U.S?
    Dudette
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Female
    Number of posts : 91
    Job/hobbies : Hiking
    Major : Dubai
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Post  Dudette on Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:43 am

The question remains, will they ever return back to the US. I honestly think that these kids had a clear notion, not to return back but rather go straight to what they deem to be “heaven” by killing and bombing their own kind. But, in case some change their mind, and decide to return back to the US –they should be executed to the full extend, show no mercy. Evil or Very Mad
    BintCismaan

Post  BintCismaan on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:02 pm

Executed? Don't you think that's a drastic measure to take?

Let me play devil's advocate and assume that these kids were coerced into going back home and fighting... what if we were to uncover the person or people behind all these disappearances because there has got to be someone behind it, I mean its no coincidence that these brothers keep disappearing from cities with huge Somali populations all around the same time. I say whoever the mastermind is should be brought to justice before we lose more of our young and bright brothers to a war not worth fighting
    Dudette
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Female
    Number of posts : 91
    Job/hobbies : Hiking
    Major : Dubai
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Post  Dudette on Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:17 pm

Drastic Measurement?
    Are you serious, sister? I cannot speak for what their intentions were, but we all know that their vision became apparent when we saw the dreadful suicide bombing that took place in Hargeysa, which killed innocent Muslims. It is said in the hadiths, that Islam amongst itself will divide into 72 groups –which one is the right group, we don’t know! But I sure as hell know that killing my own kind isn’t anything in close proximity to being ethical or moral.

First of all, they’re not kids but grown men who have decided to go back on their own clear conscious. They weren’t dragged or strained to go back, they chose to return back to fight. My question is, who? Who are they fighting? Who are they killing? Innocent Somalis, who happen to be MUSLIM!? Ethiopians, who when they’re bombed, have no choice but to bomb houses –which these men are hiding in …but in consequently, mothers and kids are being killed.
    Like I said, punish them to the full extend, and show no mercy!
    BintCismaan

Post  BintCismaan on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:49 am

Sister, dont get me wrong... I do not condone suicide bombing nor am I in support of what these young men are doing and I agree with you, these are grown men making their own decisions... what I'm saying is that we need to look at the deeper problem. There is clearly someone or something among us that is encouraging these young men to go out and fight and that will only continue to breed hate among the young Somali's here. What frustrates me is that these are young and bright brothers who are mislead into thinking that killing innocent civilians in an 'unholy' war will grant them Jannah.

Clearly these brothers are bound to face some severe repercussions in the event that they do return to the states and Allah knows how that story will unfold. Anywho walaalay, I agree that they should be persecuted, it's just that the word 'execution' threw me off a bit at first

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:16 pm