The Home Of Intellectuals, Where Debating Is Never-Ending Subject.

Latest topics

» whats wrong with Somali men !!!
Sat May 24, 2014 11:54 am by Tayyibmusawwir

» I need some serious help
Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:54 pm by LyingMali

» Looooooooool
Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:50 pm by ManLikeByter

» nieuwe Islam site Diin al Xaqq
Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:05 am by moi

» Elections in non-Muslim Nations?
Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:52 am by moi

» Halal Pork????
Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:06 am by Ganja_Freak

» I Need Your Help
Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:47 pm by Amina/Tammy

» Neda if Iran - we will never forget you
Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:37 pm by aishah

» My Goodbyes ...Sincerely, Sarai.
Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:14 pm by Sarai

Is Peace Finally Coming To Somalia?

Sarai
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 65
    Job/hobbies : Photography
    Major : Computer Engineering
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Is Peace Finally Coming To Somalia?

Post  Sarai on Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:37 pm

Somali's powerful Islamist leaders say they have agreed to hold new peace talks with the fragile transitional government to avert an all-out war.

The move comes after speaker of the transitional parliament Sharif Hassan Sheikh Adan held talks with the Union of Islamic Courts (UIC) in Mogadishu.

So far there have been no reaction from the transitional government.

Mr Adan was the first senior figure from the government to go to Mogadishu since it was seized by the UIC in June
    Read More. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6118848.stm

I’m kind of anxious to know on what will stir out of this peace conference. Is it a sincere meeting, or is this another trick up on their sleeves?
    Somalienne nationalista
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 44

Re: Is Peace Finally Coming To Somalia?

Post  Somalienne nationalista on Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:49 pm

Peace is near and dear walaalyow. Only when our people put aside sub-substandard politics jam-packed with qabyalaat and sedition then we could progress toward peaceful coexistence. I never thought I would use the term 'coexistence' in reference to the havoc we are in today caused by qabiil politics, the core partition of our beloved nation. See we need peace so bad that we want it right now, but folks lets be logical here, and lets not deviate to far from the reality. The reality here is, in my humble opinion, we have dug a deep hole and our people have lost faith in one another. Our people need rehabilitation and a peace and reconciliation therapy. They haven't experienced peace in 17 years and far off from the normal life. Thus, peace is to let those who can produce it to do their duties.

What we need is a GRADUAL change. A step by step thoughtful improvements. We need to think 20,30,50 years from now.We can't change a whole nation in a day. However, we can strategize, bring stability in the next few years, and carry on from there.

GREATER SOMALIA!!!
    Nabil

Male
    Number of posts : 17
    Job/hobbies : Serving panic & disorder
    Major : Loser
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post  Nabil on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:23 pm

2 admin oo isu camirayo lol!
    Dudette
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Female
    Number of posts : 91
    Job/hobbies : Hiking
    Major : Dubai
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Post  Dudette on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:27 pm

lol nabil, you are quiet the whiner, leave the admins alone. Evil or Very Mad

Only those who suffer, can define struggle/pain and I sincerely think Somalia has better things coming to it. Insha Allah.
    Somalienne nationalista
    Admin

Female

Post  Somalienne nationalista on Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:28 pm

This forum was created to discuss and to debate on intellectual levels not to disgrace or mock others. There are many other mediums which are designed for disparagement purposes. Since when it is wrong for Admins to respond to another post. scratch
    BintCismaan

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Post  BintCismaan on Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:48 pm

Somalia's problems are plenty and it will take years if not decades to reconcile and bring about peace. What Somalia needs is a fresh new group of politicians, we've had just about enough with this so called government comprised of viscious warlords. They're mission is to grab hold of power and reep havoc on innocent people... these people have suffered for too long so it's about time we rid ourselves of these warlords (whether they call themselves TFG or Islamists) We need a new breed of politics with fresh ideas void of any tribal mentality. We need a body of people who will dedicate themselves to the Somali cause and who deeply and sincerely care about reconstructing their country and its people. We need a righteous leader who will plant love in the hearts of the people and unite all parts of this beautiful nation. We need someone to bring about a real positive change... it's going to be a long journey but by the will of Allah Somalia will prosper insha allah. May Allah rid our people from all forms of hate and instill love and prosperity in each and every one of us. Amiin
    IssE

Male
    Number of posts : 33
    Job/hobbies : Promoting Peace
    Major : Psyco/Compsi
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post  IssE on Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:43 pm

Old Mens thinking doesn't work. Pretty much gave up on them.

Now Alshabab is fighting another group, parliment is being being shitted on and AU is calling for more troops while ethiopia is leaving.

UN has given a year contract for nations to attack Somalia by air, sea and land to end piracy.

We are still in a pickle but at least qabiil fighting has stopped.

Or has it? o.O

If you want things done, you need to do it yourself. See me there in a few years. Smile
    Dudette
    Top Poster
    Top Poster

Female
    Number of posts : 91
    Job/hobbies : Hiking
    Major : Dubai
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Post  Dudette on Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:33 pm

^ When (if) you do go back, what will you be able to do? And where will you start, MR. Hero?

Male
    Number of posts : 33
    Job/hobbies : Promoting Peace
    Major : Psyco/Compsi
    Registration date : 2009-01-11

Post  IssE on Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:47 pm

It's not set and stone but keeping it simple it will be the economy. My ideology is quite different then typical Somalis so politics might just kill me.
    Somalienne nationalista
    Admin

Female

Post  Somalienne nationalista on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:34 am

On my perspective Somalia's problem is one that can be cured over short period of time, holding in mind the bad blood and distrust among the people. Those are matters that could be solved within years. However, we need Imperialist nations to disengage their self-interest resource hungry problems from our nations affairs. We will NEVER NEVER be liberated unless they completely withdraw and let us handle our own issues. Some of you might say well 18 years Somalia was on its own, you are DEAD WRONG. The U.S. has fueled the situation in Somalia, fed power hungry uneducated criminal to disturb any peace process in Somalia.

If you didn't know yet TFG is a CIA propaganda. YES do your research wisely and think beyond the delivered calculated media.

Now the only guy I thought will bring peace to Somalia Sheikh Sharif a former head of UIC and now ARS member is now backed by the U.S.government. hmmm, makes one ponder why? the same guy who was forced out of the country and was publicized in the media to be a terrorist and on the watch list is now loved by the BUSH ADMINISTRATION. Something isn't adding up here. However, I am so assured that whatever this great Nation is cooking for Somalia doesn't smell good. You called him a 'terrorist' yesterday now he is a 'modest'

I still respect the guy but I have my doubts.

SOLUTION:
    What we need is a common goal to reunite us, period.

Suggestion:

If you want to attack me, counter attack my views please not assumption on a possible clan I might belong to. Think of the box and stop orbiting on narrowed philosophy (this is not directed to anyone in particular just future blabbers)
    McSteamy

Female
    Number of posts : 59
    Job/hobbies : Pimpette
    Major : Nursing
    Registration date : 2009-01-04

Post  McSteamy on Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:58 pm

As long as there is tribalism, Somalia will never have peace

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content