Somali Forumz

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home Of Intellectuals, Where Debating Is Never-Ending Subject.

Latest topics

» whats wrong with Somali men !!!
Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion Icon_minitime1Sat May 24, 2014 11:54 am by Tayyibmusawwir

» I need some serious help
Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:54 pm by LyingMali

» Looooooooool
Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:50 pm by ManLikeByter

» nieuwe Islam site Diin al Xaqq
Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:05 am by moi

» Elections in non-Muslim Nations?
Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:52 am by moi

» Halal Pork????
Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:06 am by Ganja_Freak

» I Need Your Help
Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:47 pm by Amina/Tammy

» Neda if Iran - we will never forget you
Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:37 pm by aishah

» My Goodbyes ...Sincerely, Sarai.
Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:14 pm by Sarai

3 posters

Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion

Nabil
    Nabil

Male
    Number of posts : 17
    Job/hobbies : Serving panic & disorder
    Major : Loser
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion Empty Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion

Post  Nabil Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:56 pm

Today's Topic is about a Somali female athletics star that represented Somalia at 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens and she did a good job and deservs some honor and remembrance.

Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion _40007166_fartun298

Biography

Fartun Abukar Omar, born in 1985 or 1986, is a Somali athlete. She represented Somalia at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, despite her country having been without a government for thirteen years at that time. She took part in the women's 100 metres race, and finished last in her heat, nonetheless achieving a personal best of 14.29 seconds. She was 18 at the time of the event. She had never before run a competition on a track, and drifted into the wrong lane for part of the race. ESPN noted that she was the first Muslim woman ever to represent Somalia at any Olympic Games.

Thank you Fartun

Yes We Can
    Sarai
    Sarai
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 65
    Job/hobbies : Photography
    Major : Computer Engineering
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion Empty Re: Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion

Post  Sarai Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:21 pm

I heard her drifting away from the lane, due to some confusion. I’m proud of any Somali Female Athlete, and she definitely gets my respect. I think we should dedicate this topic to all the Somali Athletes; so if you know of any professional athletes, show us a picture, and a biography!

Here goes mine …

Her name is Hodan Siid Ahmed, and last time I knew she was playing for the U-19 Sweden National Team in 2002-2003. I couldn't really find much information on her, so the biography is limited lol.

Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion Hodans10
    [img:935a]https://i.servimg.com/u/f79/13/29/40/15/04hosa10.jpgHer Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion 87604_10
    Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion 87604_10
    Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion 86351_10
    Somalienne nationalista
    Somalienne nationalista
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2008-11-23

Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion Empty Re: Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion

Post  Somalienne nationalista Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:54 pm

Zahra Bani born to an Italian father and a Somali mother. She is a Javelin thrower for Italia.

Her Name is Fartun and She's A Somali Champion Zahra_11
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f73/13/33/06/96/zahra_11.jpg
    Full name: Zahra Bani
    Height: 5'7" (170 cm)
    Weight: 154 lbs (70 kg)
    Born: December 31, 1979 in Mogadishu, Banadir, Somalia
    Affiliations: Fiamme Azzurre
    Sport: Athletics

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 am